Friday, July 10, 2009

5-10 July 2009

Did a crossfit workout on Monday, took a rest day on Tuesday and headed out to Colorado on Wednesday. It is beauitiful out here! I'm here to run the Leadville marathon tomorrow. Its going to be a challenge. The race starts at 10200ft and climbs to 13200ft. We trained on Wed and Thursday and I felt decent. The climbs take all the gas out of your tank. The lack of oxygen effected my muscles more than it effected my breathing. I've got a lot of good pictures and videos, especially from the climb to machine gun ridge yesterday. That ridge stares at the majority of the 14000+ peaks in Colorado from around 13500ft. I'll have a lot of pictures and videos from the race to come. Planning on doing a handstand tomorrow at Mosquito Pass after a 13.1 mile climb to get to that beast! Good luck to all the Crossfit Games Competitors! Looks like a pretty sweet line up!

No comments:

Post a Comment