Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9 June 2009

What makes Crossfit enjoyable, exciting, and down right addicting? I can tell you that I've drank the kool-aid and now have a drug like addiction. In the words of John Wellborne "crossfit is like a cult, a fitness cult." Ever went to a party, lets say with your spouse's co-workers and realized that the majority of people here are just not your type or you just don't have a lot in common with them? My wife and I had this discussion the other night after a party that I went to with her co-workers. Now I am not one to front friendships or pretend that I like you, etc. I hang out with people that I enjoy being around period, life is too short not to. This is funny because when I'm in big crowds I usually have this same feeling. After a casual night I will remember a few people that I enjoyed talking with while the majority of people were just there. I get the exact opposite feeling in a Crossfit facility, get together, gathering. I constantly tell myself, man I'd hang out with almost everyone here. I'd refer to my Crossfit buds as friends and that's not very common for me at all. That to me says something about Crossfit as a fitness regime, it brings together WINNERS and that who I want to surround myself with.

AM WOD

3 rounds of
5 minutes on 3 minutes off running intervals across rolling terrain.


I am going to keep the 5 minutes on faster that my two mile time and use the 3 minute recovery to just keep pushing forward. We'll see how far I make it. I'll post my PM CF WOD in a while, that's all for now

PM CF WOD

Complete for time
2 rds of
5 Power Cleans 175#
15 Push Ups
2 rds of
5 Power Cleans 155#
15 Push Ups
2 rds of
5 Power Cleans 135#
15 Push Ups
Use the time to strip the weight as rest time, but remember this is completion for time.

MY TIME 6:28

2 comments:

  1. How was the run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went good, sweat my ass off. I made it out and back 11 sec off pace......total sprint time was 15 min with 6 total minutes of jogging and I ran right 3.25 miles.

    ReplyDelete